MacBook Keyboard issue

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Photodug Senior Member • Posts: 1,869
Re: MacBook Keyboard issue

tkbslc wrote:

My wife wants a basic laptop and we were looking at the non-Pro Macbook for her. She's got an iPad and a Iphone, so she's interested in the ecosystem integration. However, I keep seeing lots of news about how the keyboards are failure prone and cost half as much as the laptop to fix. Is this something I should be concerned about enough to postpone the purchase or buy a PC instead?

I spent a few months researching MacBook Pros and iMacs. I finally decided on the portabilty of a laptop and ordered a refurbished 2015, 15.4" MBP direct from Apple.

My decision was based on what I read about the keyboard issues and the USB ports and SD card slot. I use mine for editing photos so the SD card slot was important for me.

I picked mine up at the Apple store last Saturday and am still learning the machine but so far I am very pleased with it.

-- hide signature --

Doug
www.pbase.com/photodug

Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sigma dp2 Quattro Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow