Photography Career Advice

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnaAna New Member • Posts: 12
Photography Career Advice

I love shooting humanist and architectural photography. After I quit my last job, I set up my website and tried selling my prints online, but apparently it is impossible to make any decent income out of it. Then I've come to consider shooting photography for children, which I kind of enjoy, and there is a bigger market for that. Friends have been supportive and my photos of their kids have generated some interests. But in my heart I know it's not the type of photography I love most, and the financial stress is still enormous while I'm starting out. It's also not possible to tell at this point if I'll eventually be able to make a living out of it as people have been wanting unreasonably low rates. (People don't seem to understand how much more work is needed both before and after the photo shoots, which is frustrating.)

I've been invited to do a solo exhibition next year and I'm working towards selling my prints at galleries. I wonder if this children photography business is a bad idea and makes people feel I'm not specialized in a particular area. What do you think? Any similar experience?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow