Can't decide between A7 RIII and A7 III - switching from Olympus

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,631
Re: Can't decide between A7 RIII and A7 III - switching from Olympus

Michael Bagg wrote:

I have been using Olympus m4/3 camera for the last few years and I am considering switching to Sony full frame. However, I cannot decide between the above 2 cameras. They both get excellent reviews but I do not know it is worth spending the extra money on the RIII to get the extra resolution. I do print my pictures so the photos will not just be for Social media. Any guidance or advice or reference to previous discussions would be appreciated. I will probably buy the 12-100 F4 lens initially.

A7RIII without any doubt. Enough reasons mentioned before by other posters (cropping possibilities are a huge plus for me). I don't care for video. I certainly will not change my camera for a new A7III !

I came from Olympus 1 1/2 year ago. Bought the A7RII and that might be another (cheaper) option for you! Comparable IQ /sensor and also 42mpx. In that case you get the extra resolution and thus much more flexibility with your only zoom lens. It's still a fantastic camera!

I will not pay the extra money to get myself an A7RIII, but I'll wait untill there's a A7RIV..and see what that camera brings.

Please take a closer look at the A7RII !

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R II Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow