Can you do well in Sony Full-Frame with f1.8 Primes and F4 Zooms?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GearHead88 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Can you do well in Sony Full-Frame with f1.8 Primes and F4 Zooms?

Hello all,

I’m debating the switch from my Fujifilm setup to a Sony Full Frame. The IQ I see coming out of the Full Frame sensor just blows me away, plus the long battery life of the A7III and the eye-Af capabilities has me very excited as I feel I’ve always struggled with the AF capabilities of the Fuji system.

Anyways, I’m debating on getting the A7III. The only thing holding me back at the moment is the lens sizes, weight, and prices. I found my Fujifilm 56mm f1.2 lens for $750 used. However, Sony lenses like the 50mm f1.4 or 35mm f1.4 go for well over $1300...quite a bit more expensive. Not to mention bigger and heavier, but I understand that’s more related to the fact that they’re a Full Frame lens so I’m willing to let that go a bit. The main thing is pricing.

With this in mind, I’m thinking of sticking with the f1.8  and up lenses. Lenses like the 85mm f1.8, 55mm f1.8, 35mm f2.8, 28mm f2, and for a zoom I’m looking at the 24-70mm F4. With this setup in mind, would I still be able to achieve excellent quality with the Sony A7III? Or would the difference be so negligible that I may as well stick with Fuji?

Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow