Printing too warm.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Montanawildlives Regular Member • Posts: 121
Printing too warm.

So I'd appreciate some help troubleshooting a printing issue. I calibrate my monitor using a spider and the effect is to substantially warm up what I see. From what I've read this is normal because most laptops are quite cool out of the box and I use an external monitor connected to my laptop.

My computer is a Lenovo thinkcentre and my monitor is an acer  g257hu 2560x1440.

Nevertheless, when I get things printed from mpix or Shutterfly they always seem to be substantially warmer than they look on my screen. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.  I think it means that my monitor calibration is warming up my screen but not enough, right? I also have been telling mpix not to correct my photos, maybe I should let them correct them? I mostly use mpix and only Shutterfly for my annual calendar.

Would it be a problem involving calibrating my external monitor when it's connected to my laptop? I put the spider  device on my external monitor. Although with the spider software it only lets you choose either laptop or desktop with external monitor....

Anyway thanks for the help!

-- hide signature --
 Montanawildlives's gear list:Montanawildlives's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-E2S
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow