Pro-100: YOUR favorite Fine Art / Matte papers?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidArmenPhoto Junior Member • Posts: 31
Pro-100: YOUR favorite Fine Art / Matte papers?

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been doing some experimentation with matte and cotton fine art papers on my Pro-100 from a variety of paper companies and honestly I don’t know why people always complain about image quality on matte papers when printed with dye inks. I’ve seen results on matte paper from a pigment-based Epson P800 and I completely understand that no matter what you do with dye inks, pigment will look better on matte papers because of the fact that they don’t sink in. However, results from my Pro-100 are honestly great and I wouldn’t call it bad or sub par, but better than pigment when compared side by side.

Though one thing I’ve obviously noticed is the fact that there can be huge differences in image quality based on what matte or fine art paper you use. So I wanted to ask you fine experienced folk about your experiments with matte papers on the Pro-100 (or a similar dye printer) and what your favorite matte papers are for this printer.

Let’s get an informative conversation going for us newbies interested in printing on matte surfaces with dye inks!

DavidArmenPhoto's gear list:DavidArmenPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon Pixma Pro-100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow