5Diii v 6Dii for low light and indoors

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Deb789 Regular Member • Posts: 209
5Diii v 6Dii for low light and indoors

Hello,

I currently have a 7Dii and am researching which FF Canon to get to go with when I sell my FF Nikon.  (TBH, it might be another year before I follow through, but I need to plan my budget.)  The 7Dii is awesome for wildlife, so several advantages of the 5Diii are not of interest to me and my budget.  I use FF more for sunsets, some macro-esque shots, portraits and events.

I do not care for the wi-fi connectivity features.  I do not use my camera for any sort of quality video (phone is just fine with me for that).  I do prefer better weather sealing and dual slots, but I wonder if either is worth paying the extra money for when I take the 7Dii out for wild stuff normally anyway.  Regarding focus points, I can always focus and re-frame if need be.

I read that 6Dii is better for low light situations, but I saw some disagreement about it.  When it comes down to it, I think less noise in low light would be the biggest deciding factor.

Thoughts on the 2 cameras for low light?  Looking for opinions.  Thanks!

Deb789's gear list:Deb789's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D750 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow