5Dsr dissapointing 1080p video

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CaptureIT Regular Member • Posts: 381
5Dsr dissapointing 1080p video

I know this is not intended to be a video comera yet come on Canon, the compression on the 'all-i' 1080p mode is simply too much.

I thought in general that the video quality was a little lower than expected then a friend pointed out something that annoyed him. I had a long relaxing movie of a stream meander through a rock face in a forest. He was sat there watching it on ourperfect samsung smart TV when he exclaimed 'why is that rock moving ?'. I moved closer and yes, utterly rock steady video on a short stand yet part of the rock face was jittering around due to the compression.

Time for an update Canon, if you allow 1080p video why compress it almost to the point of being unnaceptable, false marketing like the ugly 4k video on my Galaxy s7 mobile

Regards
-------------------------
Formerly RichardE (heiwixivhx). Member since 2001.
Past - Various 35mm Film/slide, Fuji digitals, Canon D30, D60, 20D, 5D, 5DII, 5DIII.
Present - 5DSr, Canon 24-70L f2.8 II, Canon RC-1/RC-6, 600EX-RT Flash, Rode Stereo Mic.

CaptureIT's gear list:CaptureIT's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon EOS 5DS R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow