MFT vs Mirrorless

Started Apr 7, 2018 | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,657
Re: Rise of Fuji X + Sony = is because M43 unable to answer that question

007peter wrote:

Woo, your valid question is going to raise a butt load of hurt feeling here 😈😯😯😯

M43 makes most sense when it stay Small & Beautiful, at affordable price.

But when M43 started to chase after Expensive Pro marker with LARGER & HEAVIER Body, it has essentially given up on its unique selling points and also its reasons to exist.

If I want BIG, its cheaper to stick with DSLR.

If I want the PRO LOOK, Canon & Nikon DSLR has the most "PRO" credentials.

When I examine the physical difference between $2000 Pro mirrorless market, Sony A7 III is smaller than both APS-C Fuji H1, Panasonic Gh5 and Gh5s yet offering superior Lowlights and Dynamic Range smaller sensor can't match.

I see the rise if Fuji X System & Sony A6xxx (to a lesser extend) as M43 ability to answer your questions. There is obviously a large amount of people not sold on the M43 Cool aids

Comparing the relatively reasonable priced, very compact A7 III with the GH4-GH5 cameras which are indeed large and expensive with a smaller sensor is really a poor comparison. Those Panasonic camreas have become a kind of standard tool for video shooters and should be considered a bit more of a specialty item than the Sony. The beauty of the m43 system is that the very same family of lenses can be used on a great video camea like the GH series, but also on a tiny camera that works very well for stills. Either way, for any equivalent focal length the m43 lenses tend to be much smaller so ultimately if you want a compact system the format has a lot to offer...

-- hide signature --

my flickr:
www.flickr.com/photos/128435329@N08/

Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow