K1 ll review is up and I think that..

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Alwina H Regular Member • Posts: 327
Re: Don't believe everything you read

"Don't believe everything you read" is an excellent advice.

Now that the dust has settled I conclude that (a) there are too many setup differences -the lens, but also various shooting parameters, as seen in the EXIF data- to downgrade the Mark II based on these comparisons alone. So yes, don't believe everything you see! But nevertheless (b) Pentax has shot itself in the foot by applying NR and thinking they get away with it. And (c) it's obvious that they don't have the R&D resources, at this moment at least. We see that in the slow development of new lenses and the upgrade of the K-1 that turns to be very minor after all (and maybe therefore the attempt to improve the noise; see also the outdated video specs -for which I personally don't care). I hope that this is a wake-up call for Ricoh, for with camera's from Sony, Fuji and Nikon (coming) it will be hard to stay competitive with your big clicking mirrormonsters; unless you target professionals but Pentax does not have the pro-services for these.

-- hide signature --

A.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
K0d
K0d
SBS
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow