Anyone ever experienced this lens behaviour? (Tamron 70-300 VC)

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pete Carpenter New Member • Posts: 4
Anyone ever experienced this lens behaviour? (Tamron 70-300 VC)

Hello everyone!

I have used, rented and borrowed a couple of used lenses over the last 8 years. Just recently I picked up a heavily used Tamron 70-300 VC for about 140 $. I checked it thoroughly and made some test shots. Everything seemed to be fine with this lens, so I decided to keep.

After coming back from a holiday, I encountered a "phenomenon" on only a few of my pictures taken with this lens: one of the corners seems to have a different color rendition and is darker. Interestingely, this only showed in some pictures, not all. Does anyone have a clue, what the cause of this rather erratic behaviour of lens rendition might be?

For the sake of information: I used the original lens hood, no filter screwed on the lens. Camera was a Nikon D610 in Manual mode.

Here is one of the pictures (un- and edited), I am interested in the upper right middle to corner:

On the one hand side you could say that the clouds are just different in the upper right corner and blue sky is "shining" throught. But the clouds have a sudden change in color hue and temperature (checked with Lightroom's white balance selection tool).

Does anyone know, if this is a lens based phenomenon? Or is this just a random and harsh change in the sky's appearance?

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow