5d Mark IV LCD highlight alert

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
EDub24 Junior Member • Posts: 37
5d Mark IV LCD highlight alert

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'll do it again When reviewing photos on my 5d mark iv I get a lot of highlights/blinkies however when I go into lightroom there is either no clipping or minimal clipping. This has caused a lot of my photos to be underexposed as I try to base my exposure on the in camera histogram.  Because of this I end up adding a lot noise/losing detail when I bring the exposure back up.

I realize that the histogram and highlight alerts are based off the in-camera jpgs but is there a way to get a histogram that more accurately reflects the RAW histogram? I've tried the Neutral picture style with the contrast turned all the way down (-4) but it still shows clipping when lightroom doesn't. I've heard that people use experience vs the camera highlight alert to let them know when they are or aren't clipping but as a relatively new photographer (at least for RAW) I'd like to see if there's a way to help me out when determining if my photos are clipped or not. Thanks!

EDub24's gear list:EDub24's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow