Pro-100 PC Inks Simple Fade Test 3-week preliminary results.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidArmenPhoto Junior Member • Posts: 35
Pro-100 PC Inks Simple Fade Test 3-week preliminary results.

A few weeks ago, on April 17, I decided to print out two copies of a simple color chart using my Pro-100 running on PC inks. I used Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II. After letting the print dry for a full day, trimmed the paper in half to separate the two sets of patches.

I placed the first patch inside a protecting sleeve and put it inside my file cabinet, in an area where it’s completely dark 24/7.

I then taped the other patch to one of my east facing windows, where I get most of the sunlight in my house. The patch is behind the window on the inside:

I live in Los Angeles so this patch gets hit with direct sunlight daily.

The second patch gets many hours of direct sunlight almost every single day from sunrise until late afternoon. However it does have a little UV protection by the double pane glass in front of it.

Today, May 8, I decided to do the first scan comparing the two patches. It’s been 22 days. After the scan I placed the patches back in their espective locations.

I used a Canon Pixma All-in-One to scan the patches.

Used Photo Mode and 150ppi resolution.

Here is the link for the actual TIFF file if you want to compare and contrast the color values:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1APIFKyR7PvVGYWkpcWZiaWjRqZCvwavo/view

DavidArmenPhoto's gear list:DavidArmenPhoto's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon Pixma Pro-100
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fbx
fbx
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow