White bands on one side of the photos (1Ds Mark III)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tallspiro
tallspiro New Member • Posts: 8
White bands on one side of the photos (1Ds Mark III)

Hi all,

Recently, I have noticed that, sometimes, there is a white blurred band or stripe on one side of the photos taken with a 1Ds Mark III body. I have tested two different lenses (Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art and Canon 50mm 1.8) and the problem still exists.

After a quick visit at the local camera repair store, the technician mentioned that, the shutter looks good without any deformations or damages and since we couldn't simulate the problem again, he mentioned that maybe the problem has to do with the electronics of the camera.

I know that people in the past posted similar posts about a dark band but, I think this is quite different.

I am attaching a link to my dropbox folder with some sample photos. The photos are in JPEG and have all the EXIF data embedded.

www.dropbox.com/sh/2ikccvcqo38nji3/AABikRBBySBdGXG0ngVoJb...

Before I contact Canon Canada, I will appreciate any insights, thoughts or suggestions. Thank you all in advance!

white band appeared on the left side of the photo

white band on top of the photo

-- hide signature --

in Xanadu did kubla khan...

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow