Samyang 14mm Focus Ring movement

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrScrooge Contributing Member • Posts: 730
Samyang 14mm Focus Ring movement

Hi Folks,

My Samyang 14mm (chipped Nikon mount) appears to have developed play in it's focus ring.

Not play in it's normal movement however - the entire ring moves back and forth (as in - towards and away from the camera body) by a few mm. I can pull it back into place but the lens elements are heavy enough that the front of the lens will drift away from the camera if tilted.

Image is affected - camera will not be able to focus to infinity unless I pull the zoom ring back toward the camera body.

I have searched but haven't seen anyone else with this particular issue. I still have to check to see if it's in warranty. I'm not aware of it having any impact that would damage it.

Anyone got any advice on how to rectify this? I note there's a video on youtube of a guy adjusting the infinity focus on one of these - I'm thinking that that process must involve decoupling the focus ring from the group so I should be able to find the affected mechanism that way?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow