Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ActionPhotoPassion Contributing Member • Posts: 644
Re: Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

techjedi wrote:

When Both OSS and IBIS are present, the camera handles Roll, X, Y axes and the lens OSS handles Pitch/Yaw. When only IBIS is present, all 5 axes are handled by the body. Note that all native E-mount lenses equal or longer than 90mm have OSS because the in-body stabilization becomes less effective around that focal length.

So the rumor goes. But I get better stabilization from identical AMount setup with no OIS. And I don't notice any stabilization difference between GM70-200 or an adapted AMount 70-200 only using the a7RIII IBIS.

Its not a rumor, its their published documentation about how their system works. You can certainly say one setup is more effective than the other, but are you really saying that Sony is lying about how their SteadyShot system works on e-mount systems? You re the first person I have heard to have doubts that it works the way it is documented to work.

Fact is:

There hasn't been any reviewed test comparing head to head/nose to nose:

It would be interesting to have a comparison

A7Rii/ARiii/A99ii  with Sony A-mount G SSM ii 70-200/2.8 @200  Vs  Sony FE GM 70-200/2.8

And then, and only then would we be able to talk of efficiency comparison. Until then noone can claim nothing except Sony that can play commercial 

It's exactly the same story of the light transmission A-mount Vs E-mount.  There is less light treansmission, but for an exact same set-up configuration noone is able to say for certitude if it is 1/2 stop or 1/3 stop or 1/5 stop. I mean noone except those who have both systems or Sony on a commercial flyer.

ActionPhotoPassion's gear list:ActionPhotoPassion's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Sony a99 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow