Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
techjedi
techjedi Senior Member • Posts: 3,230
Re: Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Clyde Thomas wrote:

I now have a new a7RIII that I will be selling shortly, along with all my E lenses. I don't like separate switches for OIS. I don't like OIS as I find it less consistent than IBIS. I simply hate fly-wire acceleration, and I shoot too much manual focus to put up with it.

What do you mean by "separate switches for OIS"? At least for native E-mount lenses, there is only one SteadyShot system on the e-mount cameras. IBIS works *with* OSS, not instead of. Using the menu *or* the lens switch will disable the entire OSS system, both in-body and in-lens together. You cannot selectively disable/enable OSS or IBIS.

When Both OSS and IBIS are present, the camera handles Roll, X, Y axes and the lens OSS handles Pitch/Yaw. When only IBIS is present, all 5 axes are handled by the body. Note that all native E-mount lenses equal or longer than 90mm have OSS because the in-body stabilization becomes less effective around that focal length.

techjedi's gear list:techjedi's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony RX100 Sony a6500 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow