D750 + Sigma 150-600 S, issues with latest firmwares?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
mensch plus kamera
mensch plus kamera Regular Member • Posts: 135
D750 + Sigma 150-600 S, issues with latest firmwares?

Dear all,

has anyone else also experienced problems using the Sigma lens with its latest firmware (1.04) on the D750 with the latest firmware (1.12)?

When I tried that combination, the autofocus was sometimes struggling. More importantly, the camera would give me the dreaded 'Err' message and mirror lock-up on the first high speed (<1/1000 sec) actuation after start-up. As widely reported on dpr, another press of the shutter button then takes a heavily underexposed picture and clears the 'Err' message and mirror lock-up. Because the D750 is notorious for this 'Err' problem and mine is on the extended recall list, I initially thought it was due for a shutter replacement. However, the 'Err' messages are gone since I downgraded the camera to firmware 1.11.

Does anyone here have similar experience with that combination of hard and software?

Cheers
m+k

-- hide signature --

Live every life as if it was your last.

mensch plus kamera's gear list:mensch plus kamera's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D750 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow