Black in colour printing - Pixma Pro 100

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Victor Ng WH New Member • Posts: 4
Black in colour printing - Pixma Pro 100

Hi all,

I have just recently bought a new pixma pro 100 and into home printing. Have some good results on different paper. Yesterday I just got the Canson Baryta Photographique and did a test print on it, but not entirely happy with it.

The image itself has a lot of shadow area which i have boosted on LR. In the soft proof view in LR, the image looks pretty good with good colour and sharpness. However when I printed it out (with the manufacturer ICC), the shadow areas look terrible, with inaccurate colour and poor detail. However, for other areas other than the jetty itself, it looks pretty similar to what I get from my screen.

Below I have attached a few photos from the test print, and also the print screen from my monitor to show the difference.

Printscreen image with good detail and colour

Terrible colour and detail (Fine Art Other Type 1)

I tried two different print media setting, Fine Art Other Type 1 and Photo Paper Plus Semi Gloss. For the photo paper plus semi gloss which is recommended by Canson, the overall result looks even worse than Fine Art Other Type 1.

Would some experienced printers here able to give some pointers where about of my setting could be wrong?

Thanks,

Victor

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow