Tamron Tap In Console

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brazo Regular Member • Posts: 449
Tamron Tap In Console

So I’ve calibrated three lenses on my console so far. I’m happy, very happy with the lens af accuracy now and they are all lovely and sharp. 24-70G2, 45 1.8 and 85 1.8.

However each one has been a frustrating experience with a lot of guess work and trial and error.

I use Focal software to get the numbers and put them into the console. I then however find I need to experiment with the values to get the sharpest results.

Case in point today. I did a rough afma at -17 using the Nikon D600’s software only and ignoring the tap in. The camera and lens performed ‘pretty well’ at all Focal distances. I then put -17 at all three values in the tap in console, taking care to set the camera value back to zero. The lens was pretty soft at all Focal distances.

So -17 is not -17?

Multiple attempts (for consistency) at Focal told me I needed -20, -12, -16 for the three distances on the 45 1.8. Once I put these values into the tap in the lens was dire. After 6 hours (over three days) I am really happy with -20, -15, -6 via the tap in. Lens is tack sharp at all Focal distances but values are very different to what they ‘should’ be.

tl;dr

Tap in console can produce lovely results but the numbers can be a lottery.

Brazo's gear list:Brazo's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow