MFT vs Mirrorless

Started Apr 7, 2018 | Discussions thread
Astrotripper Veteran Member • Posts: 6,730
EF-S is an afterthought for Canon

pixseal wrote:

Bas Bridges wrote:

Consider that APS-C is largely an afterthought of Canikon. APS-C is meant to be a gateway drug to FF, hence why it is not as fully featured.

In what way is my Canon 7D Mark II (APS-C camera) not as fully featured as a FF camera? (And don't say sensor size...)

It's not about a single camera model. It's a bout a whole system.

But if EF-S was not an afterthought for Canon, they would not force its 7D users to wait 5 years for an update. And where's 7D Mk III I ask? Your 7D Mk. II is being left behind by newer, "lesser" Canon models. Do you think you will get something to upgrade to without switching to FF?

But really, it's not as much about cameras as about lenses.

Can you get a trio of high quality, high performance premium f/2.8 type zooms for your 7D II from Canon? I mean UWA,  standard and tele. Like Canon offers for their FF cameras, Olympus for theirs, Panasonic for theirs (kinda) and Fuji for theirs (kinda).

Can you get a set of premium high quality fast primes at standard focal lengths designed for your APS-C Canon body? Stuff like 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm equivalents, at f/1.4.

Can you maybe get a set of more affordable f/1.8 of f/2 primes covering the standard focal lengths?

The answer is no to all of the above. What you can get is plethora of cheap plastic kit zooms of all kinds.

Astrotripper's gear list:Astrotripper's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbu
sbu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow