Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Started Apr 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
AlbertDros
AlbertDros Regular Member • Posts: 281
Re: Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Neurad1 wrote:

Headed to Tuscany for two weeks next month.

Right now I have the Laowa 15 2, Loxia 35 2 (it's my only 35mm prime), and the Sony24-105 packed.

I ditched the 70-300, though at first I had planned to take it for some compresed landscapes in Val d'Orcia. I just don't want to deal with the extra weight and doubt I'd use it enough to justify. Hopefully I'll get by using the 105 in APS-C mode for a few of those compressed landscape shots.

I also took the Gitzo Travel Tripod out of my suitcase and decided to leave it home.

If I lived in Tuscany and was traveling all around by car it would be different. I hope to keep it simple and get what I can with a limited kit. I'm sure I will have a few regrets. That's life.

I normally use my wide angle for 90% of my shots, but for tuscany the 70-300 is by far my most used lens with around 80% of all the shots I take there! 'few of those compressed landscape shots'. Not sure what kind of shooter you are but In tuscany I was basically ONLY taking those compressed landscape shots. And often shooting at 300. Next time im bringing the 100-400.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow