Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Started Apr 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
sullivanrp
OP sullivanrp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

I think I've narrowed it down to 3 scenarios...

1. If the 24-105 stock issues are sorted out by the time I leave and I can obtain one (decided to cancel my 28-75 pre-order), I would grab that lens instead. If I'm bringing a lens of that size I want the fuller range travel lens with some good IQ to match.

So: 24-105 + 28mm f/2 or my 35 1.4 for lower light stuff. Deal with 24 as my widest rather than also carry a 16-35, and have up to 105 for those compressed landscapes and portraits (and at 42mp I can live with cropping that in quite a bit)

2. Just a 28mm f/2. Little more flexibility than a 35mm, whether 2.8 or 1.4. Wider FOV suits me more and will help with tighter spaces around cities/interiors. One lens solution on my existing camera.

3. X100F - renting this to test it out this weekend. Smaller than the sony+28 combo, no changing lenses, won't probably notice the weight compared to #1 when walking around all day. And let's be honest, it's got the aesthetic advantage too. But we will see how I actually like the performance and handling.

-- hide signature --

instagram.com/ryansullivanphoto

sullivanrp's gear list:sullivanrp's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 FE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow