Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Started Apr 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
npires
npires Senior Member • Posts: 1,738
Re: Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

sullivanrp wrote:

Everyone has different shooting styles, everyone likes different lenses - that aside I want to hear what some people are using out there or would use in my situation.

Heading to Prague, Budapest, Vienna this summer (2 week trip). Not a photography based trip (won't be chasing golden hours, don't want to carry ALL my gear) - but a romantic trip. Expecting most days to be walking around the cities, aside from a wine tour in austria in the countryside. Likely will not be returning to our hotel room/airbnb throughout the day. This means whatever I leave with in the morning I am carrying on my shoulder/back the entire day, potentially.

Gear I have:

A7R III | 16-35mm f4 | Rokinon 35mm 1.4 | FE 85mm 1.8 | Pre-ordered tamron 28-75

I'd say the 16-35 and the 28-75 (provided you get that before you go). This would be the ideal combination. You don't need that big 85mm 1.8 unless you're shooting some portraits. The 28-75 is more than enough. 
I normally travel with my A7II and RX100M3. With the A7II I take the 16-35 and the 28-70. This covers pretty much all the general photography. When I don't want to carry the weight with me and be ultra light I use the RX100. 
It's a great combination as they'll be places where you don't feel like taking the A7 out all the time. Especially if you're just walking around most of the day. 
Also another way I go about is keeping the 16-35 on the A7II and use the RX100 for anything over 35mm. This has suited me very well.

-- hide signature --

An avid Kickstarter Superbacker with a penchant for all things, Tech, Travel and Bag related.
-------
http://www.instagram.com/nick.does.bags/

npires's gear list:npires's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony a7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow