Tamron 70-200 G2 (Nikon) Firmware Update

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Deadlycroydon New Member • Posts: 21
Tamron 70-200 G2 (Nikon) Firmware Update

Quick question for owners of this lens and tap in console.  Today I plugged it into the tap in console that I recently purchased.  It shows that I have firmware version 0 and tells me that there is an update available.  So, I click to install.  It runs through the firmware update process and gets to 83%, where it then gives me an error message "Error occurred during update process. Failed to write firmware data".

I've tried on 2 different PCs a few times and the same thing happens.  When I reattach the lens it initially shows firmware version 1 after the failed attempt, but subsequent to that it shows version 0 again and I go through the failed install process.

If anyone has the lens and the console are you able to tell me which firmware version you are showing for your lens and if you were showing 0 have you had the update and has it run successfully?

Many thanks for any input.

Deadlycroydon's gear list:Deadlycroydon's gear list
Nikon D500
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow