Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

Started Apr 30, 2018 | Discussions thread
sullivanrp
OP sullivanrp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Travel Set-Up - A7R III + what lenses

sportyaccordy wrote:

Another idea is to pick up an old RX1. It has its quirks, and you'll obviously be limited to 35mm, but it seems perfect for minimalist travel. That lens is supposedly the bees knees and worth all the... quirks.

Ya I've considered an Rx1 versus an X100. The pop-up viewfinder sort of bugs me, instead of just having a fixed one. The RX1R II seems better than the mk i in that matter. And full frame + that 35mm f/2 seem killer, not to mention megapixel count for cropping. It felt a little small in my hand when I handled it in a store, ergonomically I wasn't in love with the feel of it. But I guess I could get past that, if I also got past the price point being more than double the x100...

I'll have to look into it a bit more. If the x100 rental I do doesn't sell me on it then I will have to rent the rx1r ii too.

-- hide signature --

instagram.com/ryansullivanphoto

sullivanrp's gear list:sullivanrp's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Samyang AF 35mm F1.4 FE
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow