which wide gamut photo monitor to buy

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photomagical
photomagical New Member • Posts: 11
which wide gamut photo monitor to buy

Dear all

Since I have recently invested in a pigmented photo printer - the Epson SC-P800, the next logical step is to buy a dedicated wide gamut photo monitor. I have more or less decided on a 27 inches with QHD resolution. My budget is Max 8000 DKK which is around 1300 USD

I have found the following two models from BenQ and Eizo-

(please feel free to suggest any other brands and models )

BenQ SW2700PT 5400kr. 810 USD in Denmark.

Eizo ColorEdge CS2730. 7500kr. 1200 USD in Denmark.

The specifications for both are very similar, however, there is a price ifference of 300 USD in favour of the BenQ. Also the BenQ comes a shading hood, which must be purchased additionally for the Eizo. However, regarding warranty, the BenQ has three years whereas the Eizo has five years.

I have read a number of tests and reviews. Nevertheless, they confuse me more than help me, as the results and opinions are partly divergent. A particular parameter which is referred to as important in many tests is screen uniformity concerning brightness and color correctness. Particular the BenQ seems to have an bigger issue with this according to some tests. However, I have not sufficient experience to say whether the amount of the deviations matter in practice.

I hope there are anyone out there who have experience within this field, maybe even with these products or brands.

Thank you in advance. Best regards Lars Bye Møller

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow