Maybe changing to Pentax

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
The Squirrel Mafia
The Squirrel Mafia Regular Member • Posts: 381
Re: Maybe changing to Pentax

kytn wrote:

I mostly shoot landscapes, my wife's horses, barn photos, some low light. No macro, not much action.

From looking at this part of your post, it would seem that the K-70 would be a very good cheaper alternative for you. The K-70 is a tad bit smaller & has a deeper grip, although you can change the grip on the KP. The image quality is almost the same, but the KP still pulls slightly ahead at higher ISO. After playing with many KP & K-70 RAW files, I'd say that the K-70 is decent up to ISO 25600 & the KP is decent to ISO 51200. The KP has a slightly better build, better AF, 5-axis IBIS, optional battery grip, & some newer features, but the K-70 sure does offer a big bang for the buck value, especially if you plan on mainly shooting still life & a few moving subjects. The only area where the K-70 trumps the KP is the K-70's fully articulating screen that can be rotated in any direction. The K-70 is about $300 cheaper than the KP. You can put that $300 towards a nice lens. I suggest you take a look at the K-70, but if you're dead set on the KP, there's definitely nothing wrong with that either. You basically can't lose either way.

The Squirrel Mafia's gear list:The Squirrel Mafia's gear list
Pentax K-50 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow