The Warp - Night Sky Stacking

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lichtspiel
Lichtspiel Senior Member • Posts: 1,031
The Warp - Night Sky Stacking

It was almost 3 am, as I stepped out of the tent to rid myself of some of the beer which I had consumed earlier. I noticed a faint glow in the sky and stumbled around to find the camera and 12mm Roki and shoot a few frames of the starry skies...

A few days later stacking them I noticed something that I came across before:

When comparing the stacked layers, there is a noticeable "Warp" going on between the single frames. This makes lining up the stars really difficult. Has anyone else noticed that? I am fully aware of the movement/rotation/tilting of the sky.

I did NOT use electronic/silent shutter for this. There was no camera movement (the frames are sharp,). Beer was not involved at that point. Yes the 13s exposure was borderline in turning the stars into eggs, but that's not what I am talking about.

I have found something similar when stacking focus-brackets, but always blamed the e-shutter and my hand movements. I know I could post this question at the night photo forum, but I suspect it has to do with my camera since I have witnessed others do this and things lined up very nicely, so maybe someone else here has noted this.

Lichtspiel's gear list:Lichtspiel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +2 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow