Banding on Sony A7III

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eastvillager Senior Member • Posts: 1,337
Banding on Sony A7III

I know this is nothing new but I didn't know the extent of the banding problem on the Sony A7III before I bought two of them . But here it is if you're shooting under artificial lighting especially fluorescents using a 1/250 of a sec. with the silent shutter set. Yes I've read it doesn't happen at slower shutter speeds like 1/160, 1/125 and 1/60 but I need to stop action and 1/250 of a second is needed to stop action so that's not an option. Those shutter speeds don't freeze fast walking or extreme body movements. So if you make a living off of taking pictures like I do beware you'll need an Sony A9 if you want to not have banding in the described situations. Or even a non pro who doesn't want their pictures ruined I unfortunately found out about this after putting down $4,000 on 2 bodies. Please don't tell me I should have done some better research. Don't blame the messenger. I think Sony shouldn't be producing cameras that professionals will buy that have an inherent flaw that no pro like myself wants to find out after the fact like I did when its too late.

Banding

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +3 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow