Maybe changing to Pentax

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kytn Junior Member • Posts: 33
Maybe changing to Pentax

Years ago, I had a Minolta system.  When it was absorbed by Sony, I switched to Nikon.  I'm thinking of downsizing, and looking at the KP.  My favorite lens with the Minolta was a 24mm prime.  With my Nikon I have 2 heavy lens, the F2.8 17-55dx, also the 105 2.8.  Very fine lenses, but a chore to lug.  I also use the Nikon 50mm 1.4 as is sharp, and not huge.   There is really not a Nikon lens for 24mm with the 1.5 crop factor.  Stuck with the 10-20 zoom, or my 17-55 to cover that range.  So was looking at the KP as Pentax has a 16mm prime lens, as well as other primes that look great.

I mostly shoot landscapes, my wife's horses, barn photos, some low light.  No macro, not much action.  I had already sold my Nikon D300, and only have the D80 left.  Was thinking of upgrading to the D7200, but still stuck with the size issue.  And not really any good wide angle prime.   I have several older Nikon lenses that need the screw, so the D7500 is out.

I looked at the Sony mirrorless, but the lenses are pricey.

Anyway, wondering how the Pentax KP users are enjoying their camera.

Thanks

Nikon D300 Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500 Nikon D80 Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow