Super annoying shutter button behavior A7iii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
klausgermany New Member • Posts: 10
Super annoying shutter button behavior A7iii

Hi everyone, just checking to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. I bought an A7iii two days, and while I love the image quality, I've noticed an annoying shutter behavior. The shutter button itself does not have a noticeable "click" area for autofocus, it is just a mushy continuum with a bit more resistance. What happens is that if I depress the button halfway for autofocus, and I then press a bit more to shoot, the camera often shoots more than one image - in some case 3 or 4 even. And this is in single drive mode, no bracketing, no nothing, automatic single shot mode. The only remedy I have is pressing the shutter button really hard in one go. This does not happen at all on my A6000 where single shot mode means "one shot"!!

I was back at the dealership today to exchange the camera, and the staff confirmed this by trying themselves. We tried three different new A7iii that all exhibited the exact same behavior - so I assume it's standard for the camera and I just have to learn to "press the shutter differently"??? .... so I took my camera back home, but it is really annoying very unfortunately.

Have you experienced this?

Thanks Klaus

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow