Downsizing to A6500

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsdofny
rsdofny Forum Member • Posts: 65
Downsizing to A6500

I am getting old and want to downside my camera gear to a A6500 based platform.  I currently have a Canon 60D, 17-55f2.8 IS and 70-200f4 IS.

I plan to keep the 70-200f4 because it is a beautiful lens and I just use it once in a long while.  The 17-55f2.8 takes beautiful pictures too, but may be a little too big and heavy on the A6500.  I am thinking of replacing it with the Sony 16-70f4.  When I check the review on the 17-60f4, I come away with the impression that the optics is good but lacks manufacturing consistency.  Some people complained about "decentering".  I wonder if  this only occurs in the early days when the lens were produced and had been corrected by Sony.

For the 70-200f4, I believe that the better adapters are Metabones IV and Sigma MC-11.  Any other adapters that you would recommend?  If I keep the 17-55f2.8, I may need EFS compatibility too.

I am also interested in the 20f2.8 pancake lens if I really want the portability.  Any comments?

I am also interested in off camera flash.  Is Godox a good, reliable and cheap alternative?  Should I get the Godox XPros or X1T-S Trigger?  Do they pair with the same Godox flash?   Which one works better with the Sony Flash?

Thanks for helping to make this painful switch easy.

Canon EOS 60D Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow