Say they announced a 5D mirrorless this year

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
George Zip Senior Member • Posts: 1,128
Say they announced a 5D mirrorless this year

The word around the campfire is that Canon and Nikon will be announcing a FF mirrorless this year.

I am about to buy another 5d4 and started thinking about options and what might be down the track.

i got to thinking about it and I don’t think I would want to be one of the users of a first gen new system. Call me paranoid but I think I would want to wait until the product had matured. Sony is a good example. Their mirrorless products have really matured and now seem to be excellent.

I like the idea of an EVF, Ibis, silent shutter and a few other things. I’ll take them if they are there... no problem . But, the reality is that it is not going to help make me take better photos. What will help me be better is continued education and studying light both natural and introduced light and being able to visualise outcomes based on practice and experience.  A crappy photo is a crappy photo of you use a phone or a medium format camera.

Anyway... would you guys be confident to become an early adopter of a new mirrorless system?

George Zip's gear list:George Zip's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amd
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow