Camera Flash Question

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Babaki New Member • Posts: 4
Camera Flash Question

Hello Everyone

my name is Bobby and I am an amateur photographer, basically on weekends when I get time.

I have a Canon 7D MK I with a Canon 18-135 nanoUSM zoom lens and am looking to buy a Yongnuo TTL flash and have a simple question that I couldnt find a straight forward answer anywhere in google or youtube.

To cut it short, its about the guide number at a certain focal length or flash head zoom.

I like to know in very short and brief without getting into the technical language, what would be the difference between the following specs and which one would be better:

(1) Yongnuo YN600EX-RT

(2) Yongnuo YN968EX-RT

———————————

(1)

GN 60 / ISO 100 @ 200mm

Coverage: 14-200mm (Full Frame)

Zoom Head: 20-200mm (Full Frame)

Bounce Head: -7 to +90 degrees

(2)

GN 60 / ISO 100 @ 105mm

Coverage: 14-105mm (Full Frame)

Zoom Head: 20-105mm (Full Frame)

Bounce Head: -7 to +150 degrees

Now as much as I read about them over the net I cannot find a straight forward comparison to tell me which one is better although I know it depends on the zoom lens but dnt understand the cons and pros of each (except whats I gathered that lower zoom means more powerful?).

The price of them both are pretty much the same and the YN968 comes with built-in LED flash light as well and has overcome the overheating issues apparently.

Would the YN968 be a good buy?

here are a few links I found as well:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/Yongnuo_YN968EX-RT_vs_Yongnuo_YN600EX-RT_vs_Yongnuo_YN600EX-RT_II_vs_Yongnuo_YN685/BHitems/1311158-REG_1113035-REG_1311157-REG_1187134-REG

https://shootsearcher.com/best-yongnuo-flashes/

Really appreciate some help and your experties on this

Thank you

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow