What happens to 6D after you purchase X100F?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
SilentMirror
SilentMirror New Member • Posts: 24
What happens to 6D after you purchase X100F?

Hi All

I don't earn from my photography. I shoot mainly my family and our trips. I have two cameras. First Canon 6D (w/ 24-105 f4) and 50mm f1.4. Recently I purchased a X100F which is 35mm equivalent.

I know from various other posts and other blog posts that people tend to use their DSLRs lesser and lesser as the time passes by and keep clocking more frames on x100F.

I understand the point of view there. 6D is heavier with its kit lens and difficult to lug around with young kids and family trips. X100F is very beautiful small camera and it is very fun to shoot with. Making me fall in love with photography once more. Although I miss the signature FF look which I get with my 50mm f1.4 and the low light extra reach which 6D provides.

Many of the forum members must be having 6D or other full frame cameras with X100F or similar small pocketable cameras. How did you continue using your existing gear? Do you feel you are carrying that extra gear without much of its use?

I was thinking should I reduce the weight of 6D by purchasing a smaller 40mm f2.8 lens which reduces the 6D profile and weight. Or do you believe purchasing 40mm is not going to help much after owning a 50mm f1.4?

I love both cameras. If you still use your full frame as well, when do you use it?

Thank you

SilentMirror's gear list:SilentMirror's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow