“Others” Seeing My iPad Images, Through Lightroom CC?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,305
“Others” Seeing My iPad Images, Through Lightroom CC?

I installed Lightroom for iPad in my iPad Pro, and was very troubled when I was prompted to give the OK for “others” to comment on my images. I did, briefly, try editing one image, a “portrait” of a nearby fire hydrant, then my discomfort grew, and I dumped the whole app.

What troubles me is, how are “others” able to see my images, and who are they?

Does privacy go away when one subscribes to Lightroom/Photoshop/etc?

Perhaps I am just not understanding something fundamental about computer-ese, or Apple-ese, or iPad-ese, or Adobe-ese, but many of my images are private family images, not to be seen by anyone outside the immediate family. I saw no way to limit Lightroom’s access to only selected images.

-- hide signature --

I wore a police badge and pistol, and made evidentiary images at night, incorporating elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. (Retired January 2018.) I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +49 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow