J3 vs J5: Any reason to upgrade?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,253
J3 vs J5: Any reason to upgrade?

I am going on at least a 2 month trip with my wife to Northern Spain next month. We will be traveling very light. She will take her V2, with the 10 pancake, the pancake 10-30 zoom, and the 55-200 (with the F-t1 adaptor). To keep things simple, I will also take a V2, with the UWA zoom, the 18.5 prime, and the CX 70-300. (We need the long lenses for the corridas). I will also take the Ricoh GRDIV for street (I ALWAYS take a Ricoh for street).

I want to bring another N 1 cameras as a back-up. I have a J3 (which I got basically for free kitted with the 10-100, subsequently stolen) which I have been testing with different lenses. I like the size and it is fun to use (when the dial on top stays put), but find the IQ. . .not the greatest. I can get a used J5 'like new,' for ¥25,000. I had one before, which I liked until the LCD broke.

So my question is: should I bring the J3 mainly as back-up, or get the J5 for regular use (using the V2 for birds and bulls/sports, which is how I usually use it)? This is basically for the trip, as I use other gear at home.

-- hide signature --

Rube

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 J3 Nikon 1 J5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow