1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started Apr 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
PJC Imagery Regular Member • Posts: 335
Re: 1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

JackM wrote:

PJC Imagery wrote:

Wow, you need to rethink or at least think before you speak/post. Let me explain myself in real simple terms.

It's very simple, I want another FF camera and I want to use my 6D as a backup. I need a FF BACKUP.

You have the backup (your 6D), you need a FF workhorse.

My 6D works fine, heck my ae-1 still works fine but I don't want to go out and shoot weddings with it, at this time.

I'd like to get something BETTER than I currently have. It's called progress, I guess it's a term Canon and you just don't understand.

It's called the 5D Mark IV. Phenomenal camera. I have one. Cannot imagine getting rid of it until it dies. Major improvement over the Mark III, which I also had. Does not make me wish for a Nikon D750 or Sony a9. For any actual photographic/artistic application, which doesn't require blazing FPS, it is nothing short of excellent. If you as a wedding photographer cannot afford a 5D4, either you aren't charging enough or... nevermind.

Canon at this time isn't offering anything I'd feel good about buying, so I may have to look elsewhere.

"Every famous photograph was made with a camera less advanced than the one you are using now."

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/6092751364/video-remember-that-your-gear-is-more-advance-than-ansel-adams

Yeah, the 5dIV is the camera I thought the 6D2 should have been.  5DIV has the specs I like, little bigger than what I want but I think I could live with that, just can't live with the price. Plus, my wife might not want to live with me if I did live with the price.  I never spent over $2000 for any single piece of camera gear and I don't want to start now.  Peace!

PJC Imagery's gear list:PJC Imagery's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow