1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started Apr 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
GrapeJam
GrapeJam Senior Member • Posts: 2,344
Re: Impossible?

Daniel Lee Taylor wrote:

Regarding the shot you claim was impossible without Eye AF:

• Most of your shots have her head in the same general area of the frame, so your AF point would have already been there.
  • At the distances you were working focus/recompose would have absolutely worked.
  • In that shot the face and chest are both in focus. So even leaving the AF point near the center would have worked in this case.

I don't doubt that eye AF is useful. But I do hate hyperbole. People have been nailing unexpected "model relaxing" shots since before AF.

Side note: all the shots are nice, so I hate to make this critique, but...I can't stand Sony's color science. Sony color is simply a "film" I can't get used to.

It was an unexpected 1 second, if I didn't have eye AF I'd not have gotten it.

Oh and some people in this thread claimed that the A7III have issue with eye AF, I dunno, I shot 450 pics in this session and couldn't find any pic that didn't have the eye in focus, perhaps someone else is interested in looking for eye OOF pics? I can send the files to you.

GrapeJam's gear list:GrapeJam's gear list
Sony a7 III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow