7iii front focus conclusion.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP ATLshooter Regular Member • Posts: 382
Re: 7iii front focus conclusion.

Roses wrote:

ATLshooter wrote:

dkeller wrote:

I think it is obvious that you did. I believe you should send me one of those worthless bodies as I need a nice looking paperweight.

As for your own problem, probably a return to a SLT or SLT camera would give you the front/back focus issues that used to be so much fun playing with micro adjustments to remove.

I just never truly believed that out all of the bodies out there, I got two in a row that were bad. But at this point there's no other conclusion.

The 7riii puts focus literally EXACTLY where I tell it to.

Did you send the bodies back?

As an aside, did you try doing the in-camera cleaning mode to try to reset the IBIS? Sometimes we've seen the IBIS get out of wack, and doing the cleaning resets it. But it could have been just two faulty units in a row.

Just got finished packing up the second 7iii to ship back to adorama. I can't troubleshoot with it anymore.

Although I can't imagine with IBIS would cause front focus. Out of focus shots sure, but that wasn't my problem. The problem was that the camera consistently focused in front of where you told them to.

At this point I just hope everyone else has good experiences with their 7iii's! And I plan to try again in a couple months. Maybe mid summer I will pick up another 7iii after I know for a fact the first batches are sold out.

ATLshooter's gear list:ATLshooter's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow