Lens decisions - the old question

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
distel Junior Member • Posts: 25
Lens decisions - the old question

Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading to FF

I am shooting landscape, travelreportage and family&friend events mostly. Some portrait and street as well as.

I am owning an a6500 (that is heavily damaged but I managed to replace the display and unstuck the IBIS so I can use the camera again (no EVF) and it is technically working fine but the body looks like it was thrown down a cliff (what actually happened).

I own following lenses for APS-C E-Mount
Samyang 12 f2.0
16-50 Kit lens
55-200 SEL

As I need a new body in the future anyway I plan to upgrade to FF.

As a body I think of an a7RII because of the resolution (I do prints and crops), I could use my lenses in APSC mode with 18 MP, I have 5 spare battery's and I can use the apps from the a6500.

I have 1350 € for lenses right now and have 2 options:

• Sony FE 24-105mm 4.0 G OSS
  • Sony FE 16-35mm 4.0 ZA OSS (gray market 920€) +
    ony FE 28-70mm 3.5-5.6 OSS (used ~ 200€) +
    Sony FE 50mm 1.8 (used ~ 180€)

The first option would give my really good lens with a good range but not that much verity
The second option would give me a good lens and two lenses that I would replace in the long run but for now I would have a nice range and a fast prime to start. Also I could sell the Samyang 12 F2.0 and don't buy the 28-70 and 50 and save up an other 750€ and add the 24-105 to the 16-35.

Tele would be covered by the SEL 55-200 in both cases.
What would you choose ? 
Thanks

Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow