*** Mini Challenge 554 : Shadows *** WINNERS

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rjgjr
rjgjr Contributing Member • Posts: 704
*** Mini Challenge 554 : Shadows *** WINNERS

I would like to thank everyone who entered their photos in the challenge. Going in, I had my own ideas of what shadows were and what they represented in my own eyes that I have photographed over the years. I was really impressed and surprised with what others see and do in their photographs. Really a lot of talented individuals out there.

That being said, I'll start of with several Honorable Mentions and then my top three choices:

Alex Zee Snowpiercer Lite - I had never really thought much about night time shadows, that on dark nights really wouldn't pose much interest or for that matter even show up. But in studying this image of a snowy city scene, many subtle shadows very much come into play. Take a long look at this image. Very well done.

Carly 24 Sarah 2 - An interesting photo with the shadows as leading lines down the dock, shadows on the railings and on the boats to the left. Even to a smaller extent in the gratings on the dock.

Jacs #1 - Lots of busy shadows going on here, different shapes, sizes and directions. Some shadows in the trees and a beautiful view to top things off.

And now for the WINNERS:

3rd Place Brightcolors into shadows #3 - The obligatory shadowy self portrait. I love it! There are even a few shadows starting to creep into the edges of the pavers and brick.

2nd Place porter1 #3 Yardwork awaiting - This one kind of got to me, I used one of these implements a good part of my life, whether it be a shovel or a rake. Waiting to be used again, it sits in the deep shadow of a wall, with an even deeper shadow underneath and behind the handle. Even the stucco casts a bit of shadow.

1st Place Guinness #2 - "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". So many elements in this photo that I love. First of all, the pair of beautiful roses with shadowy petals. All the different layers of delicate shadows cast upon the wall and countertop by the curtains and windows. Even the shadow of the vase has a secondary shadow around the lip. Just a truly beautiful photograph.

Guinness, the next challenge is yours

Thanks again to everyone for entering!

Richard

rjgjr's gear list:rjgjr's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow