1DXII Out~!! A7RIII is IN!

Started Apr 20, 2018 | Discussions thread
GrapeJam
GrapeJam Senior Member • Posts: 2,318
Re: Fundamentals

Thoughts R Us wrote:

Excellent point. But reviewers don't care about the fundamentals since they don't make for exciting reviews and keep them in business. Reviewers love gadgety type features because they indeed are good for business. To most reviewers, Sony is like candy to a baby.

Reviewers wouldn't have much to write about if the focused on those points you mentioned, since the rankings in those areas don't change very frequently.

Also reviewers do not use the gear the way that real consumers do. They use it for a short period of time, and then move on to the next new item. So it's more difficult for them to do gauge reliability and dependability. However, they could at least try, like that one site where they simply used a backyard water hose to judge weather sealing. Predictably, the only brand that didn't hold up was the Sony.

Bottom line: because of the nature of reviews vs real world usage, the reviews should not be used as the best measure of a camera.

Well, I don't know about you, but after shooting a portrait session with the A7III I know that I will never ever buy a camera that doesn't have an articulating screen, functional eye AF and full AF coverage again.

Snapped this quick shot while the model was relaxing, wouldn't have been possible without eye AF and full AF coverage, on other DSLR I would have had to move my focus point there and the moment would have been missed

Having to focus and recompose feels so.....backward now

Shot a few hours ago, all unedited, adobe profile

GrapeJam's gear list:GrapeJam's gear list
Sony a7 III Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow