Lock dial settings on the TZ200

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
g 16 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Lock dial settings on the TZ200

Hello, finally went and bought the TZ200, so far it's an interesting experience. However there's one thing that drives me crazy. I shoot M mode all the time and I use the front barrel and top dial for changing aperture and shutter speed.

When I turn on the camera the front barrel controls the aperture. I need things to be the other way around and set the speed with the front.

When i click the exposure compensation button (the one used for navigation 'up' in the menus) the settings change - I can control the shutter speed with the front barrel.

However as soon as I change the mode or turn the camera off-on, things go back to the 'front barrel - aperture'.

Is there any way to lock the settings so no matter what the front barrel is used for speed?

P.S. I'll try to post comparison between the new camera and the G16 I already have.

Have a nice day everybody

Canon PowerShot G16 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow