Need some help with colours.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonny Daughtry Junior Member • Posts: 47
Need some help with colours.

Hi,

I recently took a few photos as a favour for a mate, for his wedding ceremony (his father in law was the main photographer so couldn't cover the ceremony for obvious reasons). There's not a lot of pressure to get perfect results, but I want to give him the best possible.

I am struggling a bit with colours and am looking for some opinions on how you might adjust the settings in Lightroom to achieve better skin tones. I adjusted wb and tint in lightroom to try to get even separation between R G and B in the skins tones, but I don't feel like I nailed it. I bumped the reds in the shadows a touch as well (I think 6 or 8 saturation on the slider).

I'm sensing that something could be improved in regards to colour. Any other general advice on PP greatly appreciated as well - here are 2 examples:

The ceremony.

I took a few photos while they were getting their 'professional' photos done. Still not loving the colours here.

Thank you

Jonny Daughtry's gear list:Jonny Daughtry's gear list
Panasonic G85 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow