Just did my first event, EM1.2 17mm f1.2 & EM5.2 12mm f2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ab Latchin Contributing Member • Posts: 667
Just did my first event, EM1.2 17mm f1.2 & EM5.2 12mm f2

I love reverse shots looking out to the audience.

So I thought I would share some thoughts after my first event photography. I used the EM1.2 and EM5.2, both performed admirably.

I took 600 images and video clips, JPEG plus RAW for the stills and 4k for the video clips. I didn't have the grip on the EM1.2 and by the end of a 5 hour shoot I was getting the red warning sign. For a longer event I would probably bring the grip, but I had a second battery in my pocket if needed.

The EM5 put in less service as I was wanting to shoot with the 17mm more. But I took both video and stills, had the grip and basically it performed exactly as I had hoped.

It was a bit of a rush, the client had asked for me to be there 30 mins before they started (5:30pm), and at 5:20pm when I was 10 minutes away I got a call with them asking where I was... So in the future if the client asks me to be there 30 mins before, I will get there an hour before

I walked right in, got the EM1.2 an 17mm out and set-up for the "red carpet" style shots. They turned out beautifully:

I walked right in, got the EM1.2 an 17mm out and set-up for the "red carpet" style shots. They turned out beautifully:

The client is a long standing partner and so when they asked if I could grab some video for a sizzle reel I said sure. I was a bit worried about memory and battery life, but it all panned out.

Focusing was in SAF and had no issues as the evening got darker. All in all a very positive experience, a real winner I'd say

A quick grab as he was being congratulated.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow