3rd party chargers for Panasonic GX9

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Inconceivable New Member • Posts: 9
3rd party chargers for Panasonic GX9

Greetings,

I recently purchased a Panasonic GX9. One of the things I like about it is the in-camera charging of the battery, with the theory that I could charge it up while on the go with an external battery pack (like the one I use to charge up my smartphone) without having to change the battery.

I have tried using a portable battery similar to this but it doesn't seem to work:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charger-Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh/dp/B00X5RV14Y/ref=pd_sbs_107_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00X5RV14Y&pd_rd_r=2Q3C4Z26DHNQC26SYJC9&pd_rd_w=vEXve&pd_rd_wg=exk90&psc=1&refRID=2Q3C4Z26DHNQC26SYJC9

I also purchased a 3rd party USB wall charger:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077VBLV4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both the portable battery and the wall charger work fine on my smartphone (Pixel 2), but neither work on the GX9. Only the wall charger that came with the camera seems to work.

The panasonic wall charger has the following text on it:

• INPUT: 110V-240V ~ 50-60Hz 0.2A
  • OUTPUT: 5V --- 1.0A

The portable battery has this text:

• INPUT: 5V ~ 2A 
  • Output:  5V ~ 3A(Max)

And the 3rd party wall charger has this:

• INPUT: AC 100-240V  -  50/60Hz  0.35A
  • OUTPUT: DC 5V -- 3.4A max

I'm assuming it's the output numbers that matter. The only difference seems to be that the panasonic charger has a lower amperage than the other two, which I wouldn't think would be an issue (more is better, right?), but perhaps I am wrong.

Does anybody out there know of any 3rd party battery packs and/or wall chargers which work with the GX9?

thanks!

Mike

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow