***Mini Challenge #500*** Body of Water - Results

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Harvey Rawn
Harvey Rawn Senior Member • Posts: 2,632
***Mini Challenge #500*** Body of Water - Results

What a challenge! We had 39 entries and 106 exhibits for a total of 145 outstanding images. Many were blow-you-away beautiful. Deepest thanks to all the participants.

Understandably, the judging was difficult due to the number and quality of the images. I made my selections based on the criteria described in the challenge: The primary subject should be a standing body of water in images evaluated for their composition, execution, and impact. Although the criteria are objective, the process becomes subjective and I made my final decisions based on how the images impacted me as a viewer. I have no doubt that others might well make other selections based on their own reactions, and I might even make different choices at some other time.

Without further ado, here are the results:

Honorable Mentions These appear in alphabetical order of the participants' names, mainly because that's how they are listed in my computer. They are drawn from entries and exhibits.

Adk38

Bill Borne

Birddogman

Birddogman

hwvlover

IAMAI

Mike Geier

Mike Geier

Nannyg

Nannyg

Pmuk

SimonB93

SimonB93

Snappyden

Winners

Third Place goes to Edform for his lyrical rendering of Rydal Water and his girlfriend. A wonderful memory.

Second Place goes to Birddogman for the layered view of the river near his home. So pretty, so peaceful.

First Place goes to Nannyg for the moody Doubtful Sound. It's power, simplicity, and aura moved me like no other image in the challenge. Magnificent.

Here are the standard rules for Mini Challenge #501, subject to modification by the host:

1. Photos must have been taken by you but can be from any camera, including cell phones, and may have been taken at any time.
2. There are no restrictions on brand of equipment used, processing or the like - it's all good. It's the image that counts, not how it was created.
3. Please state in the header of your post, or in the comments bar below each image, whether they are "Entry" or "Exhibit". Non-labelled submissions will be assumed to be Exhibits.
4. Please post all images using the "Reply to thread" button below this first post.
5. At the end of this challenge, I will announce First, Second and Third places from the Entries and I might select some other entries or exhibits for Honorable Mentions.
The First Place winner earns the "privilege" of being the host of the next challenge and has 3 days to begin it. The winner can respond to the challenge setter with a forum post or PM. If that individual doesn't respond in 3 days, or has to decline to serve, the Second Place winner becomes the next host. If that individual declines to serve, the Third Place winner becomes the next host.

Thanks for the privilege of hosting #500. I had a great time.

-- hide signature --

Harvey
I stop for photo ops.

Harvey Rawn's gear list:Harvey Rawn's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Apple iPhone X
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow