Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
osu
osu Regular Member • Posts: 318
Re: Gold award and glowing review of Sony A7III on DPR

Douglas F Watt wrote:

I haven't shot with this camera, but I'm struck by how willing DPR is to overlook some of its faults because it's got great high ISO and from their point of view great autofocus. Has anyone shot with this thing in A mount forum? Is its autofocus really better than the Sony Alpha 99 II? At least they didn't cripple its video with an F3.5 restriction! .

It does look as though Sony is really continuing to make strides with OS PDAF. Perhaps the next A mount will be mirrorless? Or no?

What do people here think of this camera compared to the alpha 99 II? I can't imagine it's better overall. But that may just be my prejudice.

Probably gonna end up getting one when they refresh stock. There were some encouraging links on FB that SSM lenses with the LA-EA3 performed better than ever for stills. The video AF issues with A-Mount lenses and the LA-EA3 remain.

osu's gear list:osu's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a99 II +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow